Sunday 28 August 2011

VOTE FOR MEEEEEE! (please don't)

Whenever I do a search to try and find more paranormal investigation teams on Google, I keep tripping over gaudy, animation-infested, background sounds type websites with little icons on them proclaiming them to be "The best paranormal website" or some such elaborate claim. Best for what though? Most annoying animations all on one page? The most over-the-top background sounds?

By the very nature of paranormal websites, they have to be a little bit creepy, but let's not get daft! Imagine that someone is doing a little surfing at work on the sly, only for some eerie noises to start blarting out of his/her PC speakers totally giving the game away (and no, I am NOT speaking through personal experience).
I think the old saying "less is more" should definitely be applied to some of these "award winning websites". Whenever sounds of thunder or creepy laughter starts pouring out of my speakers I hit the back button. I just can't take sites like that seriously no matter how good the investigators might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Paranormal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory