Tuesday 20 April 2010

Views on the afterlife

It's another one of those days where work is a little slack, so as per usual I started thinking about stuff!
One of the thoughts was the whole "everlasting life" thing. I think most people would hate to carry on just getting older and older but the body staying roughly the same. All the people you love shrivelling up and dying around you and you just staying at whatever age the fountain of youth froze you at. Horrendous thought. I would think you would slowly go insane - and then imagine an eternity of pain and mental anguish. I think this is why people turn to the afterlife as some kind of refuge. It is a way to live forever devoid of all pain and anguish, because all your loved ones are in there with you. That reminds me of a gravestone I once saw. The inscription read "To my beloved husband Frank. Rest in peace" which is a lovely sentiment, but underneath it was the inscription "Until we meet again" - sounds like the poor old sod won't even get a minutes peace even in the afterlife!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Paranormal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory