Monday 16 November 2009

Ghostly graphics and digital demons

Since the invention of digital photography and video recorders a reinvention of an old art form seems to have emerged - the ghost picture. I have already discussed my views on orbs (that I think they are dust) but digital photos are a different thing. They can (and should) give proof of something wacky and paranormal happening at a location. I say "should" because of the very nature of digital photography. It isn't like the old 35mm film - with that there was a negative. Something an expert could look at and usually come to a satisfactory conclusion as to whether it was a fake or real. With digital pics they are a bit more transient in nature. They can be played around with using photo editing software. With this in mind I either choose to ignore the obvious flaws in the proof and believe the taker of the photo or I don't. If you go on to good old Youtube and type in the search "Ghost Videos" you will see literally hundreds. I found a few that made me think, a few that made me doubt their authenticity and a few that made me almost cry laughing - but it has to be said that the latter were made with that effect in mind.

I suppose this means that even if a digital pic or video was taken even under the strictest control situations by a team of respected scientists and sceptics, it would still be viewed with some suspicion. The conspiracy theorists would say it is all a government cover-up or some such rubbish. Is there an answer to the conundrum? - I have no idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Paranormal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory